Time again for the SB Nation Big East Power Rankings, organized by The UCONN Blog. Lots of action after this weekend's games.
For starters, here's my poll:
1. Pittsburgh - This was really by default...only 2-0 team. Still not sure they're better than WVU.
2. Syracuse - Again, by default, they had to go here. Beat WVU at home and have same record.
3. West Virginia - Still may have the best team
4. South Florida - Just like that, in the top four afer beating Cincinnati on the road
5. Cincinnati - Still a question mark, but like Pitt, control their own destiny
6. Louisville - Improving, but can't put them any higher than this since they lost to Cincinnati
7. Rutgers - Crushing loss to Pittsburgh raises questions
8. UCONN - Only winless team in conference play and other than itself, may have played conference's two worst teams
Pitt clearly deserves to be in the No. 1 spot at this time, but it's impossible to feel secure that they'll be there all year long. The league seems to be just too unpredictable right now.