See, told you these wouldn't be all that regular.
I gave out some ACC power rankings a few weeks ago with the warning that it might not be a regular feature. But now that I've got a bit of time, wanted to give an update.
Below are my rankings of the current ACC teams. After a few weeks, it's clear some changes were in order, including Pitt's recent opponent, Virginia Tech, needing to be moved up. Here you go - tell me where you agree or disagree.
1. Florida State (5-0) - Moved up to #1 as they beat a common opponent with Clemson (BC) by more and absolutely crushed Maryland
2. Clemson (6-0)
3. Miami (5-0)
4. Virginia Tech (6-1)
5. Georgia Tech (3-3) - Played Virginia Tech a hair closer than Pitt
6. Boston College (3-3) - Better than expected - played close against Florida State and Clemson. Not sure they deserve to be this high, but what team below them is a slam dunk above them?
7. Pitt (3-2)
8. Maryland (5-1) - 5-1, I get it - but they just don't have an impressive resume, lost 63-0 to Florida State, and squeaked out a one-point win over Virginia at home. They may be better than No. 8, but I've got to see it first.
9. Syracuse (3-3)
10. Duke (4-2)
11. Wake Forest (3-3)
12. North Carolina State (3-3) - Close loss to Clemson, but lost to both Syracuse and Wake Forest by two touchdowns
13. North Carolina (1-4) - 1-4, but look at their schedule ... South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, ECU, and Miami this week. This team will not finish the season this low.
14. Virginia (2-4) - Not convinced this is the worst team in the conference, but who else can you put here?