Pitt isn't even confirmed for the Little Caesars Bowl yet (according to the Post-Gazette's Sam Werner, they can't be confirmed until the BCS selections have taken place later tonight), but count Bowling Green quarterback Matt Johnson among those who wants it to happen. Per his Twitter account, Johnson was apparently passed up by Pitt due to his height ... and he wants the Panthers to know they made a mistake:
Please be Pitt. Remember when I was too short to play for you— TOOLIVE_MATTY (@717_mattyj11) December 8, 2013
Pretty ironic considering the Panthers recently had a short quarterback in Tino Sunseri and have another one waiting in the wings for 2014 in Chad Voytik. Still, if you're wondering who's going to be motivated in this game, Johnson sounds like one player that will.
Johnson, from Bishop McDevitt in Harrisburg, had a big year this season for Bowling Green with 23 touchdown passes and only seven interceptions, throwing for nearly 3,200 yards. That includes a monster 393-yard five-touchdown effort against Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship recently.
Looks like Pitt's secondary will get a workout from a motivated player.
- Little Caesars Bowl Game: Pitt vs. Bowling Green (projected) - Game Information, TV, Schedule, Time
- Shots Fired: Bowling Green's Matt Johnson wants Pitt in Little Caesars Bowl
- College Football Bowl Projections: It's not Birmingham! Pitt reportedly to play Bowling Green in Little Caesars Bowl according to 'source'
- Panther of the Week: Talib Zanna
- Strength of schedule hurting Pitt ... but should it be?