With Barry Rohrssen officially headed south to Kentucky, former Pitt player Ashton Gibbs made a bit of new recently by unofficially campaigning for the vacant assistant job under Jamie Dixon. I've already given my thoughts, so now it's your turn.
As I said before, there are some positives and negatives about hiring Gibbs, who has no coaching experience to speak of. The pros are that he is an alum that was a very good player for the program, and just so happens to be from NJ and could help with the coveted NY/NJ area. The flipside is that he doesn't have the experience you probably want - particularly for someone replacing the most experienced recruiter on the staff.
So with that said, weigh in below. Let us know if you'd like to see him fill the open spot under Dixon ... or if it's not his time just yet. You can explain your rationale in the comments below.
- ACC Basketball schedule released for next two seasons
- Tough schedule taking its toll on the Pitt baseball team
- Pitt basketball lands a surprise commitment from Cameron Johnson
- 2014 NFL Draft: Aaron Donald Preview at XN Sports
- Ashton Gibbs interested in Pitt basketball coaching opening