With the 2014 NFL Draft officially in the books, attention now turns to the undrafted free agents out there. Pitt will have several guys that draw interest and one has reportedly already signed.
Defensive lineman Tyrone Ezell is said to be joining Pitt quarterback Tom Savage down in Houston to play for the Texans:
#Pitt DT Tyrone Ezell will sign with the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent.— Sam Werner (@SWernerPG) May 11, 2014
Ezell had a decent year at Pitt and was part of a defensive line that really drew some criticism from me since there really was little production outside of Aaron Donald. But he's a big body that had 34 tackles this season for the Panthers. Ezell likely drew a little bit of interest with his showing in the Little Caesars Bowl where he recorded his only two sacks of the year.
Really, though, the big disappointment here is that the signing will put his WWE career on ice. Ezell, in case you missed it, is reportedly considering a career in pro wrestling if the NFL doesn't work out. Happy for him, but the thought of Ezell in an NXT or WWE ring is ... just a lot more interesting, to be honest.
Either way, congrats to the big man.
- Houston Texans (finally) select Pitt quarterback Tom Savage in fourth round of NFL Draft
- 2014 Pitt football preview for Saturday Edge
- Tom Savage falls out of third round in 2014 NFL Draft; heads into final day not selected
- Pitt vs. Maryland Baseball: Three Questions With Testudo Times' Andrew Kramer
- St. Louis Rams Draft Recap: Aaron Donald pick earning high grades immediately following his selection