Earlier on Saturday night, it was announced that Pitt safety Jason Hendricks would be heading to the Cleveland Browns as an undrafted free agent. Turns out that he'll have some company as Pitt cornerback K'Waun Williams will join him there, according to the athletics department:
Like Hendricks, Williams was a guy I could have seen as a late-round pick by a team impressed by him. He has legitimate experience and was a three-year starter. His stock was probably hurt a bit by Pitt's style last year of playing far too much off of wide receivers. As Hendricks did, Williams also saw his interceptions drop last season (from four in 2012 to two last year), but he clearly has some value.
We didn't hear much about him after the season, but there were certainly people interested. Recently, Williams visited the so that could have been another potential destination as well.
For more on Williams and the rest of Pitt's draft selections/free agents, head over to our official NFL Draft page.
- Cleveland Browns Undrafted Free Agents (UDFA): Pitt safety Jason Hendricks heading to Cleveland, per agent
- Atlanta Falcons Undrafted Free Agents: Pitt punter Matt Yoklic to join Falcons
- Houston Texans Undrafted Free Agents: Tyrone Ezell to join Tom Savage in signing as UDFA with Texans; WWE career on hold
- Dallas Cowboys reportedly had Devin Street projected as third round NFL Draft pick
- Dallas Cowboys NFL Draft pick Devin Street talks speed, abilities in press conference following his selection