I'm a little late on this after recovering from the NFL Draft last weekend, but the news was so predictable that it hardly matters. As expected, the Kentucky Wildcats officially offered 2015 super recruit and Pitt target Cheick Diallo.
As I wrote recently, the move of Barry Rohrssen to Kentucky meant that they were picking up their recruiting of him, per ZagsBlog. Previously, Diallo had not yet gotten an offer from the program. Kentucky had shown they were plenty interested, though, and Rohrssen and Kentucky head coach John Calipari had checked up on Diallo at a Nike event recently.
Pitt and Jamie Dixon are still in the running here, obviously. As Jim said in the comments section of that second link, Brandin Knight has a good connection in relation to Diallo's school. This one may come down to the wire, but for now, Kentucky is 'officially' in the race after the offer to him.
- David Durham Could Be Key For Pitt D
- ALL THE LINKS: Weekly Pitt link dump
- Cleveland Browns Undrafted Free Agents (UDFA) 2014: Pitt cornerback K'Waun Williams headed to Cleveland
- Cleveland Browns Undrafted Free Agents (UDFA): Pitt safety Jason Hendricks heading to Cleveland, per agent
- Atlanta Falcons Undrafted Free Agents: Pitt punter Matt Yoklic to join Falcons