It's not too early to talk about college football, is it? Okay, yeah it is.
Still, the preseason watch list season is up and running, and the Rimington Award has placed Pitt center Artie Rowell on its list as a candidate. The award is given to the top center in Division I college football.
Rowell, who will be a redshirt junior this season, started the entire year and the athletics department site has some solid info on him.
Considering that about half of the Division I teams have candidates on the list (64, to be exact), it's not exactly a prestigious club. Seven ACC centers in all were named to the list so Rowell isn't exactly in the most exclusive of company. Still, good to see him get some recognition early on.
Here's a look at the entire list if you wanted to see it - or if you're just dying for any connection to college football whatsoever.
- Former Pitt center Steven Adams thrust into spotlight of NBA Playoffs
- 2014 NFL Free Agency: Former Pitt running back Ray Graham waived by Houston Texans
- ALL THE LINKS: Weekly Pitt link dump
- Pitt baseball ends disappointing first season in ACC; misses postseason tournament
- Pitt women's club lacrosse team wins championship