With games set to start on Monday, the Pittsburgh Basketball Club Pro Am (aka the Greentree Summer League) rosters and schedule have been released. Matt Steinbrink of Panther Lair was the first to mention the news that I saw, as he tweeted the info out.
In a nutshell, there is a limit of two current players to a team. Teaming up will be the following players:
- James Robinson / Mike Young
- Joseph Uchebo / Mike Lecak
- Aron Nwankwo / Joshua Ko
- Cameron Johnson / Sheldon Jeter
- Chris Jones / Jamel Artis
- Cameron Wright / Ryan Luther
- Derrick Randall / Josh Newkirk
As expected, Durand Johnson won't be playing as he recovers from an injury. The main noteworthy thing here is that Tyrone Haughton and Shaq Doorson aren't on rosters. Steinbrink says that Haughton isn't yet at Pitt and that Doorson isn't expected.
If you gave me a pick, the duo I'd most want to see would be newcomers Cameron Johnson and Sheldon Jeter. Jeter only averaged a few points a game as true freshman at Vanderbilt a couple of years ago, but he could have a big role at Pitt. I'm interested to see if he looks capable of scoring a lot of points and while the Summer League is hardly an indicator of how the season will go, watching him might give some sort of an idea of where his game currently stands.
Johnson was also the late recruit that Pitt added to this year's class and is kind of an unknown that shot up in size over the past two years. Really interested to see what he brings to the table here.
Former Pitt players Chevy Troutman and John DeGroat are also on their team, so that's an added bonus.
- Pitt Players in the Pro-Am: Michael Young
- Pitt Basketball Recruiting: Mustapha Heron remains 100% committed to Panthers
- Pitt Football Recruiting: Lack of star power in 2015 class not concerning (yet)
- Poll of the Week: Do you like Smoke for Slice?
- Pitt Football Recruiting: Checking in on the rankings of Paul Chryst's 2015 Class