Pitt's recruiting isn't showing many signs of slowing down and on Tuesday, the Panthers added another commit for 2015 - defensive tackle DaVon Hamilton.
He is listed at 6'3" or 6'4" and about 285 pounds, so there's good size there. And while Hamilton has played mostly offensive line, he projects as a defensive lineman. He doesn't have much in the way of significant offers - Rivals has him down for Ohio and Toledo outside of the Panthers. Scout says he had one from Miami (OH) as well. But he is a top 50 kid from Ohio per Rivals, checking at No. 42, and they also rate him as a three-star player (Scout has him at two stars). Hamilton also visited some bigger programs such as Michigan State and West Virginia.
FWIW, Scout says he also impressed at a camp earlier this year.
With Kraig Howe on board, the Panthers now have two defensive tackles in their 2015 class. Neither is rated as a flat out star, but both appear to be solid additions or Paul Chryst.
- Dane Jackson commits to Pitt
- Cardiac Hill Podcast - Episode 11: Lisa Nelson of Nunes Magician
- Chas Alecxih gets another NFL shot with San Diego Chargers
- Q&A with Coach Koran Godwin on Pitt center Talib Zanna and the NBA Draft
- Five things to watch in 2014 Pittsburgh Basketball Club Pro Am