Former Pitt player Lamar Patterson was selected in the second round of the NBA Draft last week, and now there's word that he'll officially be participating in the team's roster for the NBA's Summer League. He'll be joined by the team's first-round pick Adreian Payne:
Hawks draftees Adreian Payne and Lamar Patterson intend to play in Las Vegas Summer League. Walter Tavares is to be determined. #ATLHawks— Chris Vivlamore (@ajchawks) June 27, 2014
Playing in the summer league is pretty standard stuff for rookies and younger players, but draft picks aren't always there. It will be your first chance to catch Patterson in some actual games as a member of the Hawks.
The Hawks' games begin on July 12th and their schedule is below:
July 12th vs. Washington Wizards (4:30 EST)
July 13th vs. NBA D-League team (7:30 p.m. EST)
July 15th vs. Portland Trailblazers (4:00 EST) - game on NBATV
July 16th - 21st vs. TBD - two guaranteed summer league tournament games
In addition to the game on the 15th, you can also watch Patterson and the Hawks via the NBA's Summer League subscription service to get games on mobile devices.
- Notes and takeaways from week one of the Pro-Am
- Pitt center Talib Zanna to join Philadelphia 76ers Summer League team as undrafted free agent
- Pitt's 2014 football schedule features difficult end
- 2014 NBA Draft Grades: Lamar Patterson pick draws favorable reviews
- Former Pitt player Khem Birch goes undrafted