Pitt's track and field team has had a strong outdoor season this year and as a result, they'll now send five athletes to the NCAA's national outdoor championships in a few weeks.
Individually, male sprinters Brycen Spratling, Desmond Palmer, and Carvin Nkanata all made the cut. Nkanata and Spratling qualified for the 200 meter and 400 meter dashes, respectively, and Palmer will also be in the 400 meter hurdles. The three will also be a part of the 4x400 relay team along with Micah Murray.
In addition, Evann Thompson will be in the 400 meter hurdles.
There's not much going on in the way of Pitt athletics with the other programs officially being in their offseason. That's a bit of good news for the track and field team, though, since they've performed so well this year and haven't gotten a lot of coverage.
The outdoor championships will run from June 11 - 14 in Eugene, Oregon.
- Jamie Dixon Remains The Right Man for the Job at Pitt
- The Pitt Stop: Monthly Open Thread (June)
- Pitt-Florida International time set for national broadcast
- Cardiac Hill Podcast - Episode 10: Steven Adams & OKC Thunder
- Ninja Swofford's new ACC logo font looks awfully ... familiar?