Yesterday, I mentioned that Pitt football head coach Paul Chryst named . Chryst, however, also named some starters for other jobs up in the air. as the team's starting quarterback
The other open spot in the secondary was at safety, but there really was little discussion about that spot. Terrish Webb has locked up the spot left vacant by Jason Hendricks, playing along with Ray Vinopal at the other safety position.
On the offensive line, things played out as expected with Dorian Johnson keeping his job at guard. As we covered earlier, there was some question about him after Jaryd Jones-Smith got a few first-team reps near the middle of camp, but since then, Johnson has been the guy playing with the first team and Chryst indicated he is sticking with what the line has looked like thus far - Adam Bisnowaty, T.J. Clemmings, Artie Rowell, Dorian Johnson, and Matt Rotheram.
Not much surprise here. The cornerback one seemed to be the most one up in the air, but Mitchell had been getting some first-team reps, so that wasn't a complete shock.
- Poll of the Week: ACC in the Top 25
- Isaac Bennett to be ready for Pitt-Delaware opener, talks new role as third-down back
- Trenton Coles to transfer
- Paul Chryst preparing to name Pitt football starters, define roles
- ACC coaches (anonymously) talk Pitt football