I know, I get it - this title screams Bleacher Report, right?
But over at SB Nation Pittsburgh, I used to love putting together a top five every now and then. After a big, but fairly quiet National Signing Day for Pitt, here were the top five developments of the day:
5. Get in early: Pitt's class was wrapped up fairly early and there wasn't a lot of fooling around with getting faxes in. The last one rolled in early this afternoon and that's only because Jeremiah Taleni was from Hawaii and couldn't commit until later due to the time zone differences. Everyone other than he and the Clairton trio (who had a presser scheduled at 10:00 a.m.) was in early, which made for a pretty stress free day.
4. Dorian Johnson goes under the radar: On a day when recruits are known for drumming lots of attention, Pitt's biggest recruit, offensive lineman Dorian Johnson, chose to go under the radar. He signed with a teammate and a few family members at Belle Vernon with little fanfare, according to the Trib's Jerry DiPaola.
3. Robert Foster sticks with Bama: Though he declared himself 100% committed to Alabama, admit it - you were holding out a sliver of hope that star wide receiver Robert Foster would have a change in heart. That didn't happen, though, and Foster is officially headed to the Crimson Tide.
2. Everyone sticks / No additions: Unlike past seasons, Pitt didn't lose anyone at the last minute. And for now, they haven't added anyone yet, either - despite having a couple of extra slots, there weren't any surprise additions. As I mentioned before, Chryst could give those to walk-ons if he chooses.
1. Boyd, Boyd, and more Boyd: Tyler Boyd declaring he was sticking with Pitt was by far the biggest news of the day. His addition put the stamp on what already would have been a solid class and the last minute overtures by West Virginia and Tennessee were for naught.
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics.