When it comes to Pitt's 2015 recruiting class, there's one big fish still out there for the Panthers - defensive back Jordan Whitehead. Whitehead will make his pick on Friday, and he clearly wants to remain local, choosing from among Pitt, Penn State, Ohio State, and West Virginia.
Whitehead will make the announcement at a news conference from his school (Central Valley) cafeteria. He's not only one of the top players in Pennsylvania, but also one of the top defensive backs in the nation. Whitehead is a consensus four-star player and with Pitt's secondary woes, let's just say he'd make a pretty good fit on the roster.
Pitt's chances haven't sounded all that strong so far (Chris will have more on this tomorrow), but when you're named as a finalist, there's a chance.
The Panthers' class would get a big boost with Whitehead and he would arguably be Paul Chryst's best defensive recruit since coming to Pitt.
Tune in on Friday to see if the Panthers secondary adds a new member for 2015.
- Breaking down the Two-Deep: Pitt at Virginia
- Counterpoint: Why Cameron Wright's injury could significantly hurt the Panthers
- Point: No Cameron Wright, no problem
- With Adonis Jennings' redshirt burned, Pitt needs to play him
- Paul Chryst could consider Trey Anderson as option over Chad Voytik