Pitt football head coach Paul Chryst held his weekly press conference on Monday in advance of the Virginia Tech game. Tomorrow I'll get to a little more about what he said, but one thing Chryst did was update the status of a few players.
Offensive tackle Adam Bisnowaty was suspended for an unspecified disciplinary reason for the Virginia game and didn't play in the game. Chryst confirmed he will return to play against Virginia Tech.
Chryst also confirmed that Avonte Maddox, who suffered a shoulder injury against Akron a few weeks back, will also be ready to play. That's not a huge surprise, considering he suited up against Virginia in the team's last game. But as the Post-Gazette's Sam Werner said previously, Maddox was skipped over as the first cornerback off the bench by Pat Amara in the Virginia game. Maddox did play, but may have been slightly limited. Chryst, though, seemed to indicate he's fine again, so he could be first off the bench.
One player who probably won't be back is defensive lineman Luke Maclean. Maclean is doubtful with an ankle injury.
- Against the Odds: Pitt early underdog against Virginia Tech
- King of the Hill: Cardiac Hill's Week 7 ACC Power Rankings
- At First Glance: Pitt vs. Virginia Tech Preview
- Do you play the basketballs?
- Pitt Football Recruiting: Elijah Deveaux passes on Pitt, chooses Duke