This week is all about Pitt's big game against Virginia Tech on Thursday, but the team's game time for their matchup against Georgia Tech the following week was announced by the athletics department. The Panthers will face Georgia Tech at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 25th.
The game is also during Pitt's Homecoming weekend.
While the time was released, TV isn't yet known. According to the Pitt release, potential destinations include ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU and we won't know which one they'll be on until after this weekend's games.
Obviously, it would have been great if Georgia Tech came into the game still undefeated. But after their loss to Duke last weekend, that went out the window. The Yellow Jackets travel to North Carolina this weekend, so a 6-1 Georgia Tech team could be making their way to Heinz Field. If Pitt can somehow defeat Virginia Tech this weekend and carry a little momentum in, it could make for a solid turnout for Homecoming.
- Against the Odds: Pitt early underdog against Virginia Tech
- King of the Hill: Cardiac Hill's Week 7 ACC Power Rankings
- At First Glance: Pitt vs. Virginia Tech Preview
- Do you play the basketballs?
- Pitt Football Recruiting: Elijah Deveaux passes on Pitt, chooses Duke