Following Pitt's big win over Virginia Tech, several Panthers were recognized by the ACC as conference players of the week.
T.J. Clemmings was named Co-Offensive Lineman of the Week. Punter Ryan Winslow was the ACC Specialist of the Week. In addition, Reggie Mitchell was the Defensive Back of the Week.
For Clemmings, it's the second time this year he was honored as the Offensive Lineman of the Week. He also received the honor after Pitt's road win against Boston College earlier this season.
Winslow, as has been mentioned here, had a great week punting the ball. He put Virginia Tech at a disadvantage several times and was certainly a big part of the win.
Mitchell had maybe the biggest game of all with ten tackles and two forced fumbles. To be honest, I wasn't aware that he had such a big game until after the fact. It's often difficult to find tackling numbers immediately afterwards and I also didn't know that he had the two forced fumbles. Really a great game for him.
- Breaking down the Two-Deep: Pitt vs. Georgia Tech
- King of the Hill: Cardiac Hill's Week 8 ACC Power Rankings
- Thoughts from Pitt basketball's second Blue/Gold scrimmage
- At First Glance: Pitt takes momentum into game against Georgia Tech
- So you want an on-campus stadium?