Pitt being favored against Georgia Tech last week wasn't too much of a surprise. The Panthers were coming off of a big win against Virginia Tech and wasn't only home, but was hosting its Homecoming weekend.
But when I saw that the Panthers were again favored this week against Duke, I was a little surprised.
Don't get me wrong - this is a game Pitt can win. The Panthers are again playing at home and you'd like to think they'll be motivated with a chance to still win the Division title. But favored?
The Panthers were favored by three points as of late Monday night and that's actually up slightly from the opening line when Pitt was favored by 2 1/2. Not a huge number, but when you consider Pitt is 4-4 and has only one of their past five games and is facing a 6-1 team, the 'favorite' tag is a little difficult to shake.
- Cardiac Hill ACC Preview: #15 Virginia Tech Hokies
- 2014-15 Pitt Basketball Previews: Durand Johnson
- Pitt Basketball Recruiting: Rozelle Nix commits to Pitt
- 2014-15 Pitt Basketball Previews: Derrick Randall
- Talib Zanna waived by Oklahoma City Thunder after reuniting briefly with former Pitt center Steven Adams