During Pitt's loss to Georgia Tech, several Panthers were injured. One was starting quarterback Chad Voytik, who came out of the game after getting a little dinged up after a play. Voytik exited the game and Trey Anderson came in to finish things up.
Voytik's status was a bit unknown because of that, but in his weekly press conference, head coach Paul Chryst says that Voytik is okay. "He's OK," Chryst said. "He was in for a good chunk of time yesterday. I talked to him after the game, and so we're good there."
That's obviously good news. Voytik didn't look completely unfit to play but he did take a hit that made him look a little hurt early in the fourth quarter. My guess is that if it was a closer game, he could have come back into the game. But given the fact that the Panthers were down 49-21 at the time, replacing him with Anderson just made sense.
Sounds like you can expect him under center on Saturday against Duke.
- Cardiac Hill ACC Preview: #15 Virginia Tech Hokies
- 2014-15 Pitt Basketball Previews: Durand Johnson
- Pitt Basketball Recruiting: Rozelle Nix commits to Pitt
- 2014-15 Pitt Basketball Previews: Derrick Randall
- Talib Zanna waived by Oklahoma City Thunder after reuniting briefly with former Pitt center Steven Adams