So, there's a reason we say not to bet the farm with our staff game picks. Even games that have the appearance of gimmes (see Akron) don't always go the way they should.
Nevertheless, despite a couple of rocky weeks for our guys, we're back with picks for Saturday's game against Virginia.
Pitt is fully capable of winning Saturday's game, but on the road, it's just too difficult for most of us to pick them. The Panthers enter the game as underdogs and there's a reason for that. If Pitt had the game at Heinz Field, it would still be hard to expect them to win - it would be a little more manageable, though.
Jim was on his own for the Iowa game and was the only one who correctly picked. He's on his own again and, in this case, we hope he's right.
Below are the official picks. Leave yours and a score below in the comments section so that we know how you see things happening.
Jim (4-1): Pitt
Anson (3-2): Virginia
Aron (3-2): Virginia
Chris (3-2): Virginia
Stephen (3-2): Virginia
- Breaking down the Two-Deep: Pitt at Virginia
- Counterpoint: Why Cameron Wright's injury could significantly hurt the Panthers
- Point: No Cameron Wright, no problem
- With Adonis Jennings' redshirt burned, Pitt needs to play him
- Paul Chryst could consider Trey Anderson as option over Chad Voytik