As I wrote earlier in the week, Pitt faces an opponent for the first time as an underdog this year. The Panthers are reeling a bit after blowing a lead against Iowa and losing (badly) to Akron last weekend. Meanwhile, Virginia also enters with a 3-2 record, but have looked better than Pitt has this season while facing stiffer competition.
Things look bleak for Pitt right now but if the team somehow pulls out a win on the road here, the outlook for the season suddenly looks much brighter. That may be asking a lot with the way Virginia has been playing, but then again, losing to an inferior team and then knocking off a favored one is a familiar storyline for Pitt teams.
I'm opening the gamethread a little early with a night game - feel free to discuss the other college football action here before the game. Then join us at 7:30 p.m. to comment live. In the meantime, give us your pregame thoughts and predictions below in the comments section as we get ready for the game.
- Breaking down the Two-Deep: Pitt at Virginia
- Counterpoint: Why Cameron Wright's injury could significantly hurt the Panthers
- Point: No Cameron Wright, no problem
- With Adonis Jennings' redshirt burned, Pitt needs to play him
- Paul Chryst could consider Trey Anderson as option over Chad Voytik