A little of the buzz from the Jordan Whitehead commitment on Friday was lessened as it was learned that starting offensive tackle, Adam Bisnowaty, will miss Saturday's game against Virginia for disciplinary reasons.
Jaryd Jones-Smith has been the first lineman off the bench when Pitt has moved Bisnowaty to guard to spell Dorian Johnson at times. For that reason, my guess is that he gets the start in Bisnowaty's absence.
The good news is that Jones-Smith has played several times this year, so it's not like he's being thrust into action without any experience. But Pitt is now down two starters for the game with center Artie Rowell out for the year.
Pitt's offense, as we've discussed all week, just needs to get back on track. Many are hoping the Virginia game is where Pitt can turn things around, but this is a bad way to start off.
As if things weren't difficult enough against Virginia, Pitt is now at an even bigger disadvantage.
- Jordan Whitehead commits to Pitt
- Doctor Robert: Pitt-Virginia Injury Report
- Pitt volleyball keeps winning; defeats Boston College to move to 13-1
- (Don't) Bet the Farm: Pitt-Virginia predictions
- Pitt Football Recruiting: A glimmer of hope for Jordan Whitehead