Another week of ACC action means another week of power rankings. No real comments, but I'll address Pitt briefly. I kept the Panthers at No. 10 and really have a hard time moving them up despite other teams losing.
Miami has the same record and has faced a much more difficult schedule. North Carolina State looked bad but hung with Florida State last weekend and has a better record. I just don't see any way that they can be any higher and my guess is that most of you feel the same way.
Let's get to it, folks:
1. Florida State (5-0) - Wake Forest scored the first three points in their game. Florida State scored the next 43.
2. Georgia Tech (5-0) - Solid win over Miami
3. Clemson (3-2) - Crushed a 4-1 North Carolina State team, 41-0
4. Virginia (4-2) - Stay at No. 4 after win against Pitt
5. Louisville (5-1) - Comfortable win over Syracuse
6. Virginia Tech (4-2) - Doubled up North Carolina, 34-17
7. Duke (4-1) - Despite being on a bye, move up two spots due to others losing
8. Miami (3-3) - Lost to Georgia Tech, but stay at No. 8
9. North Carolina State (4-2) - Lost second in a row ... and badly
10. Pitt (3-3) - Remain at No. 10 after loss to Virginia
11. Boston College (3-2) - On a bye
12. North Carolina (2-3) - Easily beaten by Virginia Tech
13. Syracuse (2-3) - " " by Louisville
14. Wake Forest (2-4) - " " by
everyone Florida State
- Splitting the carries: Should Pitt use more than just James Conner?
- Michael Young: Ready to Step Up
- Bubbles Anderson out for season with (another) torn ACL
- 2015 Pitt Football Recruiting: A look at the Panthers' other needs and targets
- Panther of the Game: Chad Voytik