Pitt's football schedules in 2015 and 2016 are going to be more difficult than this year - we all knew that. The athletics department announced the team's schedules for each season on Tuesday (times to be announced).
If you've not yet seen them, here they are:
(Sept. 5) Youngstown State
(Sept. 12) at Akron
(Sept. 19) at Iowa
(Nov. 7) Notre Dame
at Georgia Tech
at Virginia Tech
(Sept. 3) Villanova
(Sept. 10) Penn State
(Sept. 17) at Oklahoma State
(Oct. 1) Marshall
at North Carolina
Dates for the ACC contests are still to be determined.
I'll be writing up another post a little later with some more thoughts on the two schedules, but in summary, next year is manageable while the 2016 slate is killer. Pitt really will need to be better to deal with that schedule if they want to compete.
In the meantime, give us your immediate thoughts.
- Splitting the carries: Should Pitt use more than just James Conner?
- Michael Young: Ready to Step Up
- Bubbles Anderson out for season with (another) torn ACL
- 2015 Pitt Football Recruiting: A look at the Panthers' other needs and targets
- Panther of the Game: Chad Voytik