Pitt takes on Duke today and while it's not technically an elimination game for the Panthers, if they want to win the Coastal Division, realistically, they need to beat the Blue Devils. A loss to Duke would put Pitt a full two games behind the Blue Devils in the standings, which, technically, would be more like 2 1/2 games since they would hold a tiebreaker.
Winning the Coastal seems a bit far-fetched for Pitt right now based on how they've played over the past month, but they're still right in the thick of things. A win against Duke today would put Pitt in a tie for first in the Division, despite owning just a 5-4 record.
Today's game is also big for Pitt's bowl hopes as the team needs two wins out of their last four games to reach the postseason. A loss here puts the team up against the wall in terms of even reaching any bowl game.
Join us at noon to comment live during the game.
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.
- Cardiac Hill ACC Preview: #12 Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- Poll of the Week: Thoughts on the Script Logo
- Pitt Basketball Picked Sixth In Preseason ACC Media Poll
- King of the Hill: Cardiac Hill's Week 9 ACC Football Power Rankings
- Cardiac Hill ACC Preview: #13 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets