After a bye week for Pitt, time to check in the updated power rankings. Everything held to script this week and there weren't any upsets in the conference. This is the first week where the rankings stay exactly the same as last week. A few teams, Syracuse and Wake Forest, hung around late against some of the ACC's best, but fell late.
As always, tell me what I got right or wrong in the comments section.
1. Florida State (9-0) - Took out Virginia this week
2. Clemson (7-2) - Pulled away late against Wake Forest
3. Duke (6-1) - Pulled away late against Syracuse
4. Georgia Tech (7-2) - Scored 56 in a dominant win against North Carolina State
5. Louisville (7-3) - Doubled up Boston College, 38-19
6. Miami (6-3) - On a bye
7. Boston College (6-4) - Lost to Louisville
8. North Carolina (4-5) - On a bye
9. Virginia (4-6) - Lost to Florida State, but remain ahead of Pitt due to head to head win
10. Pitt (4-5) - On a bye
11. Virginia Tech (4-5) - On a bye
12. North Carolina State (5-5) - Crushed by Georgia Tech
13. Syracuse (3-7) - Beaten by Duke
14. Wake Forest (2-7) - Beaten by Clemson
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.
- Pitt volleyball team deserves ranking consideration
- Backup running back Chris James held in check after fast start
- Pitt wrestling knocks off Bucknell, moves to 3-0 on season
- Pitt Basketball Recruiting: 2016 guard Temple (T.J.) Gibbs lands a Pitt offer
- Pitt volleyball finally gets its ranked win, tops Duke 3-2