Per a report from several news outlets, Pitt's basketball team will get a big boost to their non-conference schedule as they'll face Gonzaga. That's only part of the story, however, as the game will be played as the 2015 Armed Forces Classic ... at Camp Foster in Okinawa, Japan. The game will be played in November.
Nothing has been announced by the school yet, but the news has actually been out for a few days and was initially reported earlier this week. Here's the brief take of SB Nation's Gonzaga blog.
All in all, it should be a pretty cool trip to make. And for the guys on the team that will be back next season, they'll have gone to The Bahamas and Japan in consecutive years. Tough life, huh?
The game, of course, also is a boost to Pitt's oft-questioned non-conference schedule. Gonzaga is a quality opponent every season and it will be a solid addition to the Panthers' slate that should help their RPI. And the fact that it's the Armed Forces game makes it even more special.
- Cardiac Hill ACC Preview: #2 North Carolina Tar Heels
- Breaking Down the Two Deep: Pitt at North Carolina
- 2015 Recruiting class profiles: Dane Jackson
- Cardiac Spill: run cbb_preview.sbn(Niagara@Pitt)
- Pitt wrestling up to No. 11 in college rankings