So the season just started, right?
I get it. I realize that many people aren't into the Bracketology rankings when the season just began, but since it's the first one and all, I felt obligated to give it a mention. Who am I kidding - I'll probably be posting these all season long.
ESPN's Joe Lunardi released his first Bracketology seeds of the season and as expected, he has Pitt reaching the NCAA Tournament. So far, Lunardi slots the Panthers as a No. 7 seed, placing them somewhere between the No. 25 and No. 28 team in the country. Looking at the rankings where the Panthers are currently just outside of the Top 25, that's about where the voters have them as well.
And if you're into the predictions more than most, Lunardi has Pitt facing a No. 10 seed Illinois team.
The NCAA Tournament returns to Pittsburgh this season and obviously, the goal for the Panthers (outside of getting a high seed, anyway) is to get to play what would amount to up to two home games.
- Cardiac Hill ACC Preview: #2 North Carolina Tar Heels
- Breaking Down the Two Deep: Pitt at North Carolina
- 2015 Recruiting class profiles: Dane Jackson
- Cardiac Spill: run cbb_preview.sbn(Niagara@Pitt)
- Pitt wrestling up to No. 11 in college rankings