Former Pitt center Talib Zanna didn't make the Oklahoma City Thunder after joining them for training camp. Zanna, however, is still sticking around the NBA and trying to get his shot at playing at the next level.
He's currently in the NBDL, playing for the Oklahoma City Blue. It's early, but so far, Zanna is doing his best to impress an NBA team. If he had a chance to play for the Thunder, he would of course, join another former Pitt center - Steven Adams.
Through two games, Zanna is averaging 14 points and 13.5 rebounds. He's doing more than holding his own - he's actually one of the better players on the team. His 14 points are second for the Blue and his 13.5 rebounds easily lead the team and are nearly double what anyone else has.
Zanna still has work to do to get to the NBA and even players that do extremely well in the NBDL may not get a shot. But so far, he's standing out.
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.
- King of the Hill: Cardiac Hill's ACC Football Power Rankings (Week 12)
- 2015 recruiting class profiles: Kevin Givens
- Cardiac Spill: Pitt(sburg) Script Reconnaissance
- King of the Hill: ACC Basketball Power Rankings (Week 2)
- 2015 Pitt football recruiting class profiles: Nick Bowers