Lots of movement in this week's basketball power rankings. Several teams, including Pitt, suffered defeats to non-conference foes, so here's my updated rankings of the conference.
1. Duke (5-0): Last week took out Michigan State, Temple, and Stanford
2. Louisville (3-0): Easy win over Marshall last week
3. North Carolina (3-0): Crushed Davidson
4. Virginia (4-0): Easy wins over South Carolina State and George Washington
5. Miami (5-0): Beat Drexel, Akron, and Charlotte by an average of 22 points
6. Syracuse (3-1): Fall one spot after beating Iowa, but losing to Cal
7. NC State (4-0): Narrow three-point win over South Florida, but still undefeated
8. Georgia Tech (3-0): Defeated IPFW
9. Pitt (2-1): Slide a couple of spots after Hawaii loss
10. Notre Dame (4-1): Beat Coppin State and UMass, but lost to Providence
11. Virginia Tech (2-1): Lost to Appalachian State
12. Clemson (2-2): Beat Nevada, but lost to Gardner-Webb
13. Boston College (2-3): Lost to West Virginia and Dayton
14. Wake Forest (2-2): Lost two in a row to Arkansas and Iona
15. Florida State (1-3): Lost three in a row to Northeastern, Providence, and UMass
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.
- Panther of the Game: Tyler Boyd
- The Turning Point: A QB Sneak?
- Panther of the Week: Chris Jones
- Pitt bowl hopes still alive with win over Syracuse
- Pitt vs. Syracuse: James Conner reportedly injured after breaking ACC TD record and tying Tony Dorsett's mark