So, I mean, this is getting old, right?
Pitt running back James Conner and offensive lineman T.J. Clemmings were named ACC Players of the Week. If that sounds familiar, it should. Each has won the award three times this season.
Conner was named as the ACC's Offensive Back of the Week, sharing the award with Florida State's Jameis Winston. Clemmings was named co-Offensive Lineman of the Week, sharing the award with Florida State's Cameron Erving.
Why Conner had to share the award with Winston is beyond me. To his credit, Winston had a huge passing day with 401 yards. But his three touchdowns were no more than Conner had and Winston also tossed three interceptions. In addition, Conner's 263 yards were the most by a P5 conference player all year and he also wasn't stopped behind the line of scrimmage the entire game, per notes distributed by the athletics department.
Either way, it's great to see those guys get even more recognition than they already have.
- Has Matt House been fired yet? Nope, says website.
- Cardiac Hill ACC Preview: #10 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Cardiac Spill: Let's Fix Sweet Caroline
- Pitt wrestling wins season opener against Bloomsburg
- James Conner back atop college football's rushing leaderboard