Word broke on Tuesday that Pitt was set to hire Pat Narduzzi as its next head football coach. Things aren't yet official but that should change on Friday, as the athletics department has scheduled a press conference for 3:30 p.m. to, in their words, 'address its head coach vacancy'.
That presser, obviously, should be to officially announce the hiring of Narduzzi.
So, after a break for Christmas, Pitt should again have a head coach. After that, Narduzzi should be focusing on completing his first recruiting class as the team prepares for its upcoming bowl game against Houston.
It will be interesting to see what kind of impression Narduzzi makes. Pitt has done this dance before, of course. There was the uninspiring Mike Haywood presser, which just seemed kind of odd. Todd Graham was enthusiastic and Paul Chryst less so. Personally, from everything we've heard about Narduzzi, I'd be surprised if he didn't make a good first impression.
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.
- Pat Narduzzi to Pitt: Le'Veon Bell calls Narduzzi a 'Player's coach'
- Pitt defeats Holy Cross 58-39
- Pat Narduzzi enters Pitt in a much better situation than Paul Chryst did
- Pat Narduzzi to Pitt: Early national media Twitter reaction positive on the Panthers' hire
- Pat Narduzzi to Pitt: Poll of the Week - your thoughts on the Panthers' hire