Pat Narduzzi talked about quite a bit at his press conference on Friday introducing him as Pitt's next head football coach. Narduzzi displayed the personality that a lot of people expected, talking about playing with energy and making sure the opponents didn't have an easy time of things.
Per Sam Werner of the PG, here are a few things Narduzzi had to say at the press conference.
Narduzzi: "When somebody plays the University of Pittsburgh, they’re going to know they were in a brawl." #Pitt— Sam Werner (@SWernerPG) December 26, 2014
Narduzzi: "A ton of energy, passion, and discipline. That’s how we’re going to do it." #Pitt— Sam Werner (@SWernerPG) December 26, 2014
Obviously, this type of stuff is what 99% of the coaches out there would say at a new presser. But Narduzzi has a history of being a fiery guy and this definitely goes right along with that.
I think most fans are hoping he brings that type of passion, particularly, to the defensive side of the ball. The Panthers' defense has been uninspiring and, save for Aaron Donald a couple of years ago, there just wasn't a ton to get excited about on that unit.
Narduzzi will get his chance to change some of that starting next season.
- Pat Narduzzi to Pitt: With schedule and talented offense, the new Panthers coach has a chance to finish above .500 in debut season
- Pat Narduzzi era to officially begin at Pitt
- Pitt women's basketball off to solid start despite depth issues
- Aaron Donald makes first NFL Pro Bowl, joins Lesean McCoy and Darrelle Revis
- Merry Christmas from Cardiac Hill