Pitt finally grabbed the big win they've been missing all season in knocking of No. 15 North Carolina on Friday and their reward is a date with top-seeded Virginia. The Cavaliers and Panthers played to a virtual standstill earlier in the season and Virginia needed a last-second three-pointer to defeat Pitt the first time around. I'm not sure if the Panthers can pull off another 'upset', but it's hard to imagine this game won't be close - particularly if Pitt keeps playing the way they have these last couple of games.
The two teams will square off against each other on Saturday afternoon for a trip to the ACC Tournament finals on the line. Here's the pertinent game information.
In addition, here's an updated bracket.
Time: 1:00 p.m.
TV Channel: ESPN and WatchESPN/ESPN3
Location: Greensboro Colosseum (Greensboro, North Carolina)
Odds: Virginia favored by 3 1/2 as of Friday night
Last Game: Virginia won 48-45 in Pittsburgh on February 2nd, 2014
- Pitt's victory over North Carolina in the ACC Tournament should make seeding interesting
- Pitt finally gets its 'quality' win over North Carolina, 80-75
- Pitt baseball hurler Matt Wotherspoon up and down in role as staff ace
- 2014 ACC Tournament Schedule and Bracket: Pitt vs. North Carolina (TV Schedule, Odds, Game Information)
- Pitt cruises past Wake Forest 84-55