The NCAA Tournament selection committee revealed its field a few minutes ago and the good news is that Pitt, as expected, got in. The Panthers walked away with a 9 seed and will face Colorado in their opening game.
Pitt gets the Buffaloes in a winnable game, but if they get past them, they have a daunting task facing overall No. 1 seed Florida in the South region in what will be an extreme road game.
More to come on this, obviously, but Pitt could have done more by getting another big win this year and scheduling a little more difficult in the non-conference. I'd like to complain about the seed obviously, and I made a case for them to get a better seed than this, but it is what it is. Getting in is always better than being left out and it's pretty hard to feel that Pitt drastically underachieved this year, even with an early loss.
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and manager/editor of Cardiac Hill @AnsonWhaley
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Selections and Bracket: Pitt gets No. 9 seed in South Region and will face Colorado
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Projections: Coach K sticks up for Pitt, ACC
- Panther of the Week: Talib Zanna
- Five Pitt Football Spring Practice Questions for 2014
- 2014 ACC Tournament Results: Pitt falls to Virginia 51-48