We're nowhere near football season. Heck, we're nowhere near thinking about even training camp. Still, the bowl game projections are starting to come out already and ESPN.com posted theirs recently.
Mark Schlabach and Brett McMurphy from the site slotted teams for bowl games. They aren't predicting big things for the Panthers, but if you want some good news, both expect Pitt to make a postseason game for the seventh consecutive season.
Schlabach says Pitt will play East Carolina in the Military Bowl. McMurphy projects the Panthers to play Central Florida in the St. Petersburg Bowl.
There are questions about the defense and even the offense with a new quarterback, but I'm on record as saying that the schedule is just too easy to see this team not making a bowl game as some folks at SB Nation predicted earlier.
The Military Bowl in Annapolis might not be bad and a lot of Pitt fans would probably make the trip, but yeah, sign me up for Florida.
- Devin Street signs four-year contract with Dallas Cowboys
- Khem Birch Impressing in NBA Workouts
- ALL THE LINKS: Weekly Pitt link dump / "Hey Joe & Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix)
- Pitt baseball sees ups and downs in first ACC season
- Pitt softball players Carly Thea and Tori Nirschl take home ACC, regional awards