Lamar Patterson was selected by the in Thursday's and then dealt to the Atlanta Hawks. The team was in need of a small forward, and the pick as a whole has gotten mostly good reviews.
CBS Sports seemed to like the pick, as they graded the cited Patterson's three-point shooting ability. ESPN's Chad Ford seemed to like the pick, as mentioned by Peachtree Hoops, SB Nation's Hawks site, saying Patterson can play right away - something the Hawks wanted. This brief NBA.com article also says Patterson is a good fit with the Hawks.an 'A' overall for all three of their additions, and
USA Today's Dan Wolken was also high on the pick on Twitter:
Hawks trade into the 2nd round to get Lamar Patterson. Not surprised. Such a— Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) type pic. Baby Diaw.June 27, 2014
Patterson still has a long way to go to even make the roster. The Hawks are in need of more depth at small forward, but there's always the chance that they sign a veteran over the summer. But for now, there don't seem to be many complaints with the pick.
- Former Pitt player Khem Birch goes undrafted
- 2014 NBA Draft: Atlanta Hawks could be ideal fit for Lamar Patterson
- Steven Adams' plan for the offseason? Work hard (of course)
- Dick Vitale names Pitt guard/forward Durand Johnson as one of biggest returning impact players
- 2014 NBA Draft Recap and Trades: Lamar Patterson selected at No. 48 by Milwaukee Bucks, traded to Atlanta Hawks