The NFL Network released its top 100 players in advance of the 2014 season, and as was expected, several former Pitt stars made the list. Not only did Lesean McCoy, Darrelle Revis, and Larry Fitzgerald all make the cut, but they finished in the top 40.
Shady was by far the highest rated of the three. The 2013 NFL rushing champion checked in at fifth out of the entire league. Fitzgerald and Revis previously have rated much higher on similar lists, but the two still earned some respect as Revis finished 37th and Fitzgerald was 38th.
I've made this point before, but it's great for Pitt to not only have players in the NFL, but some of the league's biggest stars. Having some of the great alumni in the league is an excellent recruiting tool and helps Pitt to battle against the 6-6 seasons they've had over the past three years.
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was the top overall player.
- David Durham named one of ESPN.com's 'Nice guys' in the ACC
- Q&A With Forward Michael Young - Pittsburgh Pro-Am
- Q&A With Center Joseph Uchebo - Pittsburgh Pro-Am
- 2014 ACC Media Days: Pitt to send Tyler Boyd and Ray Vinopal as representatives
- Pitt non-conference basketball 2014-15 schedule underrated by media