Pitt recruiting commit Mustapha Heron is closer to making the U17 (or 17U, depending on who you ask) team for Team USA basketball. There are appropriately 17 finalists left and Heron was named as one recently.
The USA basketball site also has more information on all 17 finalists.
Training camp began on July 24th, so the team gets pared down pretty quickly. With games beginning on Friday, August 8th, though, that's a must.
Team USA will begin play on the 8th against Greece. On the 9th, they'll face Angola, and on the 11th, the Philippines. The tournament will be played in Dubai, UAB from August 8th - 16th.
Heron is a 2016 verbal commitment to Jamie Dixon and the Panthers' basketball program. He was recruited by Barry Rohrssen, who has since left for Kentucky and has close ties with his family. Heron, though, says he remains 100% committed to Pitt despite the Rohrssen defection.
- Lonely Steven Adams. Womp womp.
- Ty Ezell signs with New Orleans Saints after Houston Texans stint
- DeJuan Blair thrown into crowded Wizards frontcourt
- Pitt Basketball: Piecing together a starting five
- Facts about the Opposition: Georgia Tech