2015 basketball recruiting target Cheick Diallo is still on Pitt's radar and the Panthers seem to have a puncher's chance at landing him. We are probably a while away from a decision by Diallo, but in the meantime, he was named to the Under Armour Elite 24 Game.
The game consists of 24 highly-regarded players from kids in the 2015, 2016, and 2017 recruiting classes.
Pitt is in the running for Diallo, but have a lot of competition in Kansas and Kentucky. In addition, Duke recently got into the mix. He's a five-star recruit and widely regarded as one of the top players in the 2015 class. The Panthers have a fighting chance to land him, but with so many big time players combined with the departure of Barry Rohrssen, the odds may not be with them.
The game is on August 23rd and will be on ESPNU, so there's your chance to see the Pitt target in game action.
- Is Defensive End The Key for Pitt?
- Pitt Football Training Camp: Paul Chryst talks about potential Power 5 scheduling
- Former Pitt baseball player Elvin Soto minor league All-Star in second season
- Pitt routs Atlantis All-Stars on way to dominant sweep in Bahamas
- Pitt Football: Camp Observations 8/7