As the season gets closer, more and more ACC predictions are starting to appear. ESPN.com has its preseason conference power rankings out and, as expected, Florida State starts at the top.
Pitt checked in right in the middle, finishing 7th out of 14 teams in the power rankings. In the rankings, ESPN cites Pitt's offense led by Tyler Boyd, a strong rushing attack, and a mobile quarterback, in Chad Voytik.
1. Florida State
4. North Carolina
6. Virginia Tech
10. Georgia Tech
12. Boston College
13. North Carolina State
14. Wake Forest
A few things of note here. It's really hard for me to rank Pitt higher at this point and truthfully, I'd slot them below Miami, too.
Unlike some other preseason predictions, glad to see them giving Duke some credit. They return a lot of players from last year when they won the Division, so it makes sense to slot them high.
I could also see Virginia Tech a little higher and Louisville a little lower.
Lastly, they also picked Virginia to finish out of the basement, unlike a lot of other predictions. The Cavaliers were bad this past year, but their recruiting has been better, so I don't even have much of an argument with that.
- Pitt in the Bahamas: Final Recap / Stats Rundown
- Tyler Boyd on Pitt special teams the ultimate risk/reward scenario
- ALL THE LINKS: Weekly Pitt link dump
- Pitt Football Training Camp: Defensive backs coach Troy Douglas has high praise for Avonte Maddox
- Pitt baseball pitcher Adam Dian signs with Texas Rangers