ICYMI, the AP poll preseason Top 25 was released earlier today. As was the case in the Coaches Poll, Pitt, of course, didn't receive any votes.
Florida State topped the poll, but they were the only team from the ACC that was in the Top 15 teams. Clemson checked in at No. 16 and North Carolina was No. 23. Several ACC teams received votes, including Duke, Louisville, Virginia Tech, and Miami.
The Tar Heels are the only teams on Pitt's schedule that are ranked but the Panthers will also face several programs receiving votes such as three of the our aforementioned ACC teams (Louisville is the only one they won't play) and Iowa.
Here's the complete poll:
|1||Florida State (57)||1,496|
|Others receiving votes: UCF 94, Florida 87, Texas 86, Duke 71, Iowa 68, Louisville 48, Marshall 41, Oklahoma State 37, Virginia Tech 26, TCU 23, Mississippi State 22, Michigan 19, Texas Tech 19, Miami (FL) 16, Cincinnati 15, Boise State 10, Oregon State 10, Northwestern 8, BYU 8, Penn State 5, Vanderbilt 2, Navy 2, Nevada 1, Louisiana-Lafayette 1, Utah State 1|
- Pitt football training camp scrimmage report (8/16)
- 2016 Basketball Recruiting: Temple (T.J.) Gibbs drawing interest
- Pitt football freshman Quintin Wirginis noticed at training camp
- Pitt Football Training Camp: Offensive line shakeup in the works?
- Pitt basketball gets two ESPN Big Monday dates in 2014-15 season