Despite the fact that football season is just a super busy time, I couldn't resist putting together the weekly power rankings for the ACC again. So, before the games even get started, here's where I'd rank the teams.
And like all other preseason rankings out there, you can definitely file this in the 'meaningless' category. Until we see these teams up close, it's virtually impossible to slot them accurately.
1. Florida State
5. North Carolina
6. Virginia Tech
9. Georgia Tech
11. Boston College
12. Wake Forest
13. North Carolina State
Ranking someone other than Florida State at No. 1 just wouldn't make any sense. And while Duke may not be the third-best team in the conference, returning as many key players as they do and winning the Coastal last year, they just flat out deserve it.
Nos. 4-6 are really a toss up for me as are 7-11. Wake, NC State, and Virginia may not be as bad as the rankings indicate, but based on last season, they're starting off at the bottom.
How would you rank them?
- 2014 Under Armour Elite 24 Game Schedule: TV, Times, etc.
- Carl Krauser to Join Steel City Yellow Jackets
- 2016 Pitt basketball commit Maverick Rowan moves to Florida
- Paul Chryst names starters at end of Pitt football training camp
- Chad Voytik (finally) named as Pitt's starting quarterback by head coach Paul Chryst