Bovada recently released some odds of teams to win major college football conferences. It shouldn't come as much surprise that Pitt was one of the long shots to take the ACC title.
The Panthers checked in at 40:1 odds, essentially ranking ninth out of the 14 ACC teams. That part wasn't too surprising with Florida State the favorite at 11:4. However, what I did find a bit interesting was that Pitt is also a long shot to win the Coastal.
The 25:1 odds Pitt was given to win the Division was tied for last with Virginia.
The Panthers may not be the favorites to win the Coastal, but as we've discussed before, it's pretty wide open. And the fact that Pitt isn't seen as any more likely to win the Division as last-place Virginia (who was 2-10 last season) is a bit ridiculous.
- Pitt Football Training Camp: Paul Chryst still not ready to name Chad Voytik as starting quarterback
- Pitt Football: Camp Observations 8/4
- Three ACC teams ranked in preseason USA Today Coaches College Football Poll
- Five Pitt Football Training Camp Preview Questions
- Cardiac Hill heads to Pitt Football Training Camp