Every team in the ACC won this week, with the exception of Boston College, who Pitt defeated on Friday. That doesn't mean there wasn't a little bit of movement in this week's power rankings, though.
Some teams just looked a little more impressive, so this is how I see things after the action in Week 2 over the weekend.
1. Florida State - The obvious choice. Obviously.
2. Virginia Tech - Statement win at Ohio State means they deserve to move up.
3. Louisville - Blowout win against Murray State, but the Hokies' big game keeps them at No. 3.
4. Duke - Comfortable road win over Troy, but the Hokies and Cardinals looked more impressive - so they drop.
5. Clemson - Blowout win this week vs. South Carolina State, but they still have the 24-point loss to Georgia hanging over their heads.
6. Pitt - Move ahead of North Carolina for looking more impressive on the road against an ACC team than the Tar Heels did at home against a Mountain West team.
7. North Carolina - At 2-0 after beating San Diego State, still an ACC darkhorse of sorts.
8. Miami - Hurricanes bounced back in a big way after embarrassing loss to Louisville with dominant win over Florida A&M.
9. Georgia Tech - Struggled early for second straight game, but win over Tulane still makes them 2-0.
10. Virginia - Win over Richmond moves them up a slot.
11. Boston College - Loss to Pitt drops them a few positions.
12. North Carolina State - 2-0, but not impressive in either game vs. Georgia Southern or Old Dominion.
13. Syracuse - On a bye this week after beating Villanova by a single point last week.
14. Wake Forest - Win over Gardner-Webb this week can't get the out of the basement.
How would you rank them?
- Pitt may need offensive line depth sooner rather than later with injuries to Artie Rowell and T.J. Clemmings
- Panther of the Game: James Conner
- Turning Point: The Defense Takes a Stand
- Pitt vs. Boston College: Chris Blewitt's big game aids Panthers in win over Eagles
- Pitt vs. Boston College: Panthers lose starting center Artie Rowell to injury in win