Pitt enters their third game of the season against Florida International this weekend the same way they have against their first two opponents - as the favorite. Unlike last week against Boston College, however, the Panthers are huge favorites against FIU.
Pitt opened up as 27 1/2 point favorites against the Golden Panthers and sits at 25-26 point favorites now. The line may have come down slightly in part to the season-ending injury to Artie Rowell.
For a road game, that's obviously a ton of points. But it really speaks to just how bad Florida International is right now and how well Pitt has been playing so far this year.
Overall, of course, I like Pitt in this game. But nearly four touchdowns is a lot to give up, too - especially away from home. If the Panthers win by that much on the road (despite against an impressive foe), it's still going to be somewhat impressive.
- King of the Hill: Cardiac Hill's ACC Power Rankings (Week 2)
- Analyzing Pitt's 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Pitt boasts top 20 offense and defense statistically
- Pitt volleyball off to fast start in 2014-15 season
- Know your Enemy: FIU's Jonnu Smith