Last week, we learned that Pitt's game against Iowa this weekend was being picked up by an ESPN network. What wasn't yet known, however, was which channel it would be on.
Saturday, we found out as ESPN announced the game would be on ESPNU. If you don't happen to get the channel, you can also watch it on the WatchESPN app.
It's not a huge deal for most that get both channels and, really, if you're not going to the game it's just good to be able to catch it on TV. But it would have been nice to get the game on ESPN to get a little more recognition. The game is a noon start due in part to the Pirates' home game that night against the Milwaukee Brewers.
The game may have been destined for ESPNU after Iowa's loss to Iowa State. A matchup between two 3-0 teams would have been more attractive, but the Hawkeyes enter with a 2-1 record.
Big, big game for Pitt next week at Heinz Field.
- James Conner breaks Pitt record in FIU win
- Pitt vs. FIU: Chad Voytik's legs help propel Panthers to win
- Pitt shakes off slow start for 42-25 win over Florida International, begins season 3-0
- Dave Wannstedt uses halftime of Pitt-FIU game to blow up athletic director Steve Pederson
- Going Scouting: Iowa Hawkeyes