Despite a 3-0 record, Pitt still isn't ranked just yet in the major college football polls. The Panthers, however, are starting to gain some respect and are being noticed by voters.
The latest rankings show some conflict in how coaches and media perceive teams so far. In the USA Today Coaches Poll, Pitt isn't gaining much respect and have only a total of five points. The media, though, give Pitt a total of 42 points in the AP poll. When you add it all up, the Panthers are only 43rd overall in the Coaches poll but check in at a more respectable 33rd according to the media.
At this point, I think it's too early to rank Pitt. The Panthers have looked impressive so far but haven't faced all that difficult of a schedule yet. A win against Iowa would probably make me change my mind, but I don't have a problem with Pitt remaining unranked right now.
If it were up to you, would you slot the Panthers in the Top 25 right now?
- The Turning Point: A tongue lashing
- Panther Of The Game: James Conner
- Pitt to face Iowa on ESPNU
- That's a Wrap: Pitt-Florida International Final Observations
- Paul Chryst speaks on benching of Chad Voytik for Trey Anderson against FIU