The latest college football polls were released on Monday and after their big win against Delaware on Saturday, Pitt picked up a little recognition.
Granted - it wasn't much. In the AP poll, the Panthers picked up a solitary point, meaning that one person voted them 25th. In the Coaches poll, Pitt grabbed two points.
Pitt not getting a ton of respect yet isn't a surprise. They looked completely dominant against Delaware, but it was still only an FCS team that the Panthers defeated. Further, it's so early in the season that many voters just aren't paying attention yet. This is the time of year when many are probably looking at the teams that lost last week and replacing them with teams in the 'Others Receiving Votes' category.
Realistically, Pitt would probably need to win their next three games against Boston College, FIU, and Iowa to have a shot at being ranked.
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.
- Houston Texans' trade for Ryan Mallett could set Tom Savage further behind
- Know your Enemy: Boston College's Tyler Murphy
- 2015 Pitt Football Recruiting: Panthers land four-star offensive lineman in Rob Dowdy
- Cardiac Hill does the ALS Ice Water Bucket Challenge
- King of the Hill: ACC Power Rankings (Week 1)